Saturday, February 14

Holy Spirit

I've read "Good Morning, Holy Spirit" by Benny Hinn. It teaches me an awful lot about the Holy Spirit. I once thought that I knew Him and personally experienced Him working in my life. And it really is Him. But now I feel that I have so much more to learn about Him.

Who is Holy Spirit?
Let me code from this book.
"The Holy Spirit is a person. And just like you, He can feel, perceive, and respond. He gets hurt. He has the ability to love and the ability to hate. He speaks and He has His own will."

"To understand the job of the Holy Spirit we need to understand the work of the Father and the Son. God is the one who gives the command. He has always been the one who says, "Let there be." From the beginning, it has been God who gives the orders.
On the other hand, it is God the Son who performs the commands of the Father. When God the Father said, "Let there be light," God the Son came and performed it. Then God the Holy Spirit brought the light."

"The Holy Spirit is the power of God. He is the power of the Father and of the Son. He is the one who brings into action the performance of the Son. Yet He is a person. He has emotions which are expressed in a way unique among the Trinity."

So Holy Spirit is actually a person. I like this illustration: A body lying in the coffin is not a person, it's a body. But one inside, filled with emotions and will is a person. A body is just an outer covering.

I think I really got to know more about Holy Spirit before I beign to share my personal experience.

But it really is interesting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment